Sloppy Joes, Caesar Salad, Fruit and Veggie Bar, Homemade Soup, and Fresh Milk
Yogurt, Or Sunbutter & Jelly, Or Deli Sandwich, Or Salad Bar, Or Pizza
SATEC Spirit Week Activity:
Wednesday 2/19 “Back in Time” (something worn in the past)
A reminder that this week is full week of school.
NECAP scores are available for grades 3-8. Copies of the your child’s scores will be given out during Parent/Teacher conferences in March. If you would like a copy mailed to you sooner please contact Tammy Deso at 527-7191 ext.9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Routes to School Program Launches at SATEC!
The Vermont Safe Routes to School Resource Center is managed by the Vermont Agency of Transportation. Safe Routes to School is a federally supported program to encourage walking and biking to school; regularly, routinely, and safely. SRTS integrates elements of transportation, economics, health and physical activity, environmental awareness and safety into one program. Safe Routes to School (SRTS) helps and encourages kids and families to walk and bike to school as part of a daily routine. SATEC is implementing the SRTS program for the first time this year, and we hope you will become involved!
· Safe Routes to School improves safety, visibility, accessibility, and convenience of key routes to and from school. And it’s fun!
· Skill-building activities and street improvements increase the safety of pedestrians and bicyclists, as well as motorists, and help overcome barriers to walking and biking.
· Walking and biking are social activities that allow more contact with people and easier exploration of the neighborhood and neighborhood schools.
· More kids walking and biking to school increases the eyes and ears on the street, which minimizes the threat of crime.
· Kids who walk and bike to school gain freedom, independence, empowerment, self-advocacy, and positive life-long habits.
· Regular physical activity improves health, fitness, self-esteem, energy, relaxation, and alertness and behavior in school.
· Safe Routes reduces traffic congestion and air pollution and improves traffic safety.
To get involved contact Derek Madden at email@example.com OR
You can fill out a form online by clicking on the link below indicating your interest:
Our goal is to get as many kids as possible safely walking and biking to school!
After school Activities for February 19th
3:30-5:00 5/6 2Inspire Dance SATEC Cafeteria
3:30-4:30 5-8 VKAT Students will report to the cafeteria at dismissal
3:30-5:00 3/4 Exploration, Adventures and Discoveries
3:30-5:00 5/6 Boys Gold
5:00-6:30 5/6 Girls White6:30-8:00 5/6 Girls Green