Dress Your Own Hot Dog on a Bun
Oven Baked French Fries
Fruit & Veggie Bar
For a few (about 7) years, SATEC students have been collecting aluminum tabs for the Shriners' Hospital. When we began the endeavor, we set a goal of collecting one million tabs. We've now reached that goal! As a celebration, the local Shriners came to SATEC on Friday, May 6 to collect the tabs and give a little show with their motorized vehicles (like those used in the Maple Festival parade).
About the Can Tab Program
Shriners Hospitals for Children in Springfield and Boston have been collecting pull-tabs or “pop-tops” from beverage cans since 1989, recycling them, and putting the money toward programs that directly benefit children.
Since its inception, about a half-million pounds of aluminum tabs have been collected and recycled.
Did you know: The tabs are the only pure aluminum part of the can, and the cans may still be returned for deposit even after the tabs are removed.
Here are just some of the items that the Shriners Hospital has purchased over the years:
- A Baxter Infusion Pump, used to dispense pain medication.
- Arthrometer used to measure the degree of instability in the knee.
- Bullard Laryngoscope used by an anesthesiologist to place a breathing tube in a patient who has a complex airway.
- A 10-foot trailer for the hospital van, used to transport medical equipment and records to outreach clinics throughout New England and New York State.
- Computerized Pressure Mapping, a force sensing array used in evaluating pressure distribution for patients requiring customized wheelchair seating systems.
After School Activities for Monday, May 9th
5-8 Homework Lab
3/4 Intramural Sports
1-4 Yo Yo Mentoring
3/4 2Inspire Dance
4-8 Fashion Design
Students will meet in the cafeteria at dismissal
Pick will be at the BFA Tech Center
5-8 Magic the Gathering
Softball and Baseball at Essex Town at 4:00
Bus leaves at 2:55 Students dismissed at 2:45